About the Host Organisation
This is a non-profit organisation that has been set up with the aim of ensuring rights and education for children through educational play and toys. Their numerous initiatives such as development of community play groups, developing educational, engaging and fun curriculum and carrying out toy collections aim specifically to meet the following goals:
- To ensure that children from under privileged backgrounds receive toys through collection and distributions.
- To bridge the gap between children from different backgrounds by creative play/group events/community events.
- To make play space available for children through– Toy libraries and reclaiming open public spaces for children.
- To impart education and values through a Toy curriculum; play groups; children’s parliament.
- To design and provide toys that are relevant and context specific to the children, their language and lifestyles.
- To sensitize and advocate amongst individuals from all sections of society the need and importance of the right to play and the right to leisure for all children.
The organisation currently reaches 35,000 children through 248 play centres and has been extensively covered by the Indian and foreign media. The ten-member team offers an energetic vibe reminiscent of a start-up.
About the Internship
As the writing and editing intern, you will be required to actively work on the organisation’s media and PR strategy. You will work to boost mainstream and social media coverage of the organisation and its work by developing and writing blog posts, social media posts and general marketing material.
What We Are Looking For
For this internship, we are looking for a penultimate or final year student or a graduate who must meet the following requirements:
- Passionate about the non-profit sector
- Confident working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Enthusiasm, energy and passion for learning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in marketing, media and PR
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently under pressure
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Willingness to ‘muck in’ and support the team in activities outside of your job description
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Additionally, the following is desirable though not essential:
- Previous experience in marketing, PR and/or media
- Previous experience of the non-profit sector
What You Will Gain
During your internship here, you will get a great insight into many facets of working in a leading non-profit organisation. In addition to being positively challenged in an eastern work culture environment, you will gain valuable, hands-on work experience in content writing and implementing effective marketing and communication strategy and an in depth understanding of how it impacts the non-profit sector. You will work with and learn from experienced, passionate, inspirational people from a diverse set of backgrounds that will help develop your writing, editing and marketing skills. Above all you will be a part of an experienced, motivated team who will inspire you and ensure you have a valuable experience.
Your Internship Location
Mumbai is a thriving Indian metropolis, and one of the largest cities in the world. You’ll find people from across India and the world living traditionally Indian lifestyles and incredibly western ones too! Mumbai is a mix of old and new and shows a beautiful glimpse into life in India.
Interning with Pave allows you to participate in one of the fastest growing and most dynamic economies in the world, India! India is the second most populous country, the world’s largest democracy and a rapidly emerging economy primed for even further growth. Immense opportunity for professional development awaits you as companies seek to expand into new markets, strengthen their communications strategies and scale their businesses.