About the Host Organisation
This a social investment organisation whose mission is to support early stage social entrepreneurs. Since 2007, the organisation has worked with over 150 early-stage entrepreneurs whose ventures have gone on to create over 12,000 jobs and work with more than 1,186,950 end beneficiaries. The organisation’s network includes two affiliates in Tamil Nadu and Hyderabad and, soon, Delhi.
About the Internship
During this internship you will advance your knowledge in how various communications tools can be used to advance social good and organizational progress. As a communications intern, you will play a key role in implementing the organisation’s communications strategy across all its mediums (press, web, social media, print, etc.). You will be responsible for helping to coordinate the annual Network-wide event which brings together more than 200 change-makers and experts from across India for a two-day event in Mumbai. This year’s event promises to be even bigger and we’re looking for someone excited to take on this challenge. You work directly with the Communications Manager and collaborate across different teams to support and promote the organisation’s programs.
Activities and Deliverables:
- Collaborate with manager and other team members on the development of communications strategies for key initiatives like the website launch and repositioning
- Create and disseminate materials for investee scouting and workshops
- Build and maintain press relationships
- Develop and edit content for social media, the press, print materials and the websites
- Create case studies featuring the organisation’s investees
- Conduct research for the annual sector report
- Assist in event management and coordination of an annual showcase event
- Manage external designers and vendors to create various communications collateral
What We Are Looking For
- Basic knowledge of communications tools and techniques
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong interest in social entrepreneurship, development, and/or communications and media
- Self-starter who is comfortable working independently and taking initiative as well as supporting a team
- Excellent English writing skills
- Fluency in English
- Positive can-do attitude
- Advanced knowledge of communications tools and techniques
- Familiarity with social media tool and monitoring
- Advanced skills in photography, videography, and/or graphic design
What You Will Gain
During your internship here, you will get a great insight into many facets of working in a purposeful organisation that puts positive impact at the core of its operation and culture. In addition to being positively challenged in an eastern work environment, you will gain valuable, hands-on work experience through carrying out and taking the lead on value adding projects. This will give the opportunity to better understand if a career in communications and social media is what you wish to pursue in the future. You will work with and learn from experienced, passionate, inspirational people from a diverse set of backgrounds. Above all you will be a part of an experienced, motivated team who are more than happy to support you in all aspects of your time living and interning in Mumbai.
Your Internship Location
Mumbai is a thriving Indian metropolis, and one of the largest cities in the world. You’ll find people from across India and the world living traditionally Indian lifestyles and incredibly western ones too! Mumbai is a mix of old and new and shows a beautiful glimpse into life in India.
Interning with Pave allows you to participate in one of the fastest growing and most dynamic economies in the world, India! India is the second most populous country, the world’s largest democracy and a rapidly emerging economy primed for even further growth. Immense opportunity for professional development awaits you as companies seek to expand into new markets, strengthen their communications strategies and scale their businesses.