About the Host Organisation
This Mumbai-based organisation is India’s leading engine parts manufacturer, producing more that 10 million engine parts annually. The company is a family run business that prides itself in being innovative and adaptive to the challenges and opportunities the contemporary business environment poses. Their strong track record has seen the organisation serve the global automotive aftermarket industry for 60 years and export engine parts to over 60 countries.
The organisation has a key focus on client needs with new product development and parts manufacturing directly responsive to client requirements. The manufacturer is supported by a state-of-the-art quality control lab as well as a strong network of partners and suppliers.
The company has 70 employees and a young and dynamic management with Engineering and MBA degrees from leading schools in India. Their corporate head office is based in the heart of Mumbai’s trendy business district, Bandra Kurla Complex.
About the Internship
As the sales and marketing intern you will get involved in the following:
- Social media marketing – creating brand awareness, lead generation, and monitoring daily content on all platforms.
- Assisting in the management of customer relations and business operations using the enterprise software, SAP. You will carry out data entry, form generation, and related activities on the system.
- Sales – assisting the sales team in executing sales orders and managing clients relations.
What We Are Looking For
For this internship, we are looking for penultimate or final year students or graduates who must meet the following requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Sincere, diligent and hard working
- Adaptable and flexible approach to change
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Willingness to ‘muck in’ and support the team in activities outside of your job description
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and proactive worker
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Additionally, the following is desirable though not essential:
- Foreign language skills in French/ Spanish / Russian
- Previous experience in marketing and/or sales
What You Will Gain
You will have the unique opportunity to work in one of the world’s fastest growing economies and a prominent manufacturing hub. You will get hands-on experience of the distinct Indian business culture, it’s people and work ethic. You will engage in meaningful work for this thriving SME as you are given responsibilities of managing the organisation’s digital marketing, social media and client relations. Most of all, you will be part of a dynamic, highly experienced and motivated team who will support you in all aspects of your work and development.
Your Internship Location
Mumbai is a thriving Indian metropolis, and one of the largest cities in the world. You’ll find people from across India and the world living traditionally Indian lifestyles and incredibly western ones too! Mumbai is a mix of old and new and shows a beautiful glimpse into life in India.
Interning with Pave allows you to participate in one of the fastest growing and most dynamic economies in the world, India! India is the second most populous country, the world’s largest democracy and a rapidly emerging economy primed for even further growth. Immense opportunity for professional development awaits you as companies seek to expand into new markets, strengthen their communications strategies and scale their businesses.