About the Host Organisation
The organisation is Indias first 100% Organic and Fairtrade fashion brand, based in Goa. Their mission is to create a brand that people love, all enabled by their focus on minimal design, attractive artwork and sustanable packaging. Convergence and collaboration is a big part of what the organisation does, whether it is ethical brands and consumer movements or organisations working on social & environmental causes, they’re joining hands with like-minded folks every step of the way.
About the Internship
The day-to-day responsibilities of the business development intern include:
1. Researching ethical fashion stores around the world who could stock the brand’s products
2. Responding to wholesale customer queries
3. Developing strategy and taking up projects to help the organisation reach new markets
N.B. The internship package for this internship differs to the usual package we provide as it is based in Goa. Do get in touch to find out more details about the package and price of this internship.
What We Are Looking For
For this internship, we are looking for a student or graduate who must meet the following requirements:
- Enthusiasm and passion for fashion and sustainability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Willingness to ‘muck in’ and support the team in activities outside of the job description
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
What You Will Gain
Being part of an early stage, globally focused and dynamic startup team, you will get a real feel for what it takes to create a movement – both locally and globally, and to build communities of passionate fans & customers. Working alongside business development & sales team to create a sales process, you will understand the approach this small brand has taken to create a name for itself within the ethical fashion industry.
You will receive hands on mentoring and experience first-hand, eastern business culture while also influencing the growth and culture of the team immensely. You will take away great insights into building a purposeful organisation and long-lasting culture, in addition to significant sales skills and experience acquired during your time with the company.
Your Internship Location
Goa is full of white sandy beaches, delicious fresh-fruits, and travelers from around the world hoping to relax and soak in the sun. Goa provides a peak into India outside of the hustle and bustle of its big cities. Do your work overlooking the beach and call it a work-cation!
Interning with Pave allows you to participate in one of the fastest growing and most dynamic economies in the world, India! India is the second most populous country, the world’s largest democracy and a rapidly emerging economy primed for even further growth. Immense opportunity for professional development awaits you as companies seek to expand into new markets, strengthen their communications strategies and scale their businesses.