About the Host Organisation
A new co-working space in Kolkata that offers a platform to enterprising creatives and companies to leverage their talents and network in a collaborative and dynamic setting. The organisation operates in the heart of Kolkata and aims to add value to the metropolis’ growing reputation as one of India’s most prominent creative hubs and it’s start-up eco-system. The space houses an exhibition space that showcases art from new, up and coming artists and hosts events and talks regularly from prominent speakers and industry leaders. There are further plans to open an in-house cafe.
The space is operated by a small, enterprising and collaborative team that operates in a very supportive and agile manner, meaning interns can expect to get involved in a wide range of tasks and develop professionally.
About the Internship
The new space provides an exciting opportunity for perspective interns to get involved with the overall branding and business development of the co-working service. As part of this the interns will be expected to add value to the following areas:
1. Branding – Development and delivery of the brand ethos messaging
2. Event planning – Organising, publicising and executing effective events that are consistent with the ethos of the co-working space and attract entrepreneurs and creatives from around the city
3. Website design – Support with website content and design
4. Marketing – Support with development and delivery of on going marketing initiatives to build publicity and user base for the space.
What We Are Looking For
For this internship, we are looking for a student or graduate who must meet the following requirements:
- Interest in management and business development
- Creatively driven
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
Additionally, the following is desirable though not essential:
- Previous experience in management, marketing or business development
What You Will Gain
Interns can look forward to developing effective leadership, branding and business development experience an skills through this internship. Working within a co-working space will also provide the added benefit of not just learning from the dynamic and inspirational team and founders of the space but also gaining exposure to many other enterprises and creative individuals who work in and interact with the space. Interns will be given independence and autonomy to take charge of their role and also have the opportunity to collaborate with the wider team. Finally, working in Kolkata, new cultural setting, is sure to be a great challenge and platform for tremendous development that you will be well supported in by Pave and the wonderful team at the co-working space.
Your Internship Location
Kolkata (Calcutta) is India’s second biggest city and locally known as India’s intellectual and cultural capital. It boasts dynamic new-town suburbs with grand shopping malls whilst retaining the traditional colonial-era architecture, horse racetracks and some of India’s finest golf courses. The former capital of British India is regarded as the friendlier of the metropolises and is the ideal place to experience the mild, fruity tang of Bengali cuisine.
Interning with Pave allows you to participate in one of the fastest growing and most dynamic economies in the world, India! India is the second most populous country, the world’s largest democracy and a rapidly emerging economy primed for even further growth. Immense opportunity for professional development awaits you as companies seek to expand into new markets, strengthen their communications strategies and scale their businesses.